Rice is a staple food in many states of India. It has been a part of our meal since ages but now, there are number of myths attached with rice which makes it difficult for people to consume rice without apprehensions.
People have many doubts about rice, especially weight watchers.
1. Eating rice will lead to weight gain?
2. Is it okay to eat rice at night?
3. Can diabetics eat rice?
But the main fact is that rice is a wonderful grain.
1. It is easy to digest, so it is good for gut health.
2. It is a probiotic which keeps constipation at bay.
3. Diabetics can have rice by combining rice with low glycemic food like lentils or vegetables but as we know excess of anything is bad, therefore 1 katori of rice (30gms uncooked) is considered safe.
4. Good news for weight watchers is that rice is low in fat & has no cholesterol.
So, keep calm & enjoy rice with your favourite dal, curry or as pulao , idli , dosa , poha etc.
Embrace local food & stay healthy!